Friday, March 30, 2012

More Commuting

So I've commuted another three days this past week. I'm still having problems getting used to riding at 14 miles an hour, but I'm getting better. I am seeing the same folks out walking their dogs, and doing their morning walks almost every day. The bike is working well, except the internal 11 speed rear hub seems to miss shifts sometimes, especially if I am putting pressure on it when I am shifting. The 32 cm tires handle the transitions between concrete and asphalt pretty well and smooth out the ride, enabling me to ride hands free and drink my coffee without too much fuss. So, another 45 miles in 3:15 for the week in total. Total ride time for each trip is about 35 minutes, depending on how many stop lights I have to wait at. It's a nice distraction on the way home, and is helping to reduce my stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment