Saturday, March 3, 2012

Cycling Stuff

Presents were awaiting me when I arrived home from my ride up to GMR.  New pedals to go with my new shoes.  I am so done with Look pedals and standard road shoes.  Say hello to new comfy touring shoes with soles that have a smooth rubber sole so I wont be slipping and sliding on smooth floors and changing cleats twice a year because the plastic is worn down.  They might be 50 grams heavier, but I guess I'll just have to drink 2 oz. more water to make up for the difference.  These shoes allow me to walk around without the cleat touching the ground.  Sorry France, I'm going with Japan on this one.

Here is a pic of the pedal before installation.


With the pedal attached to the shoe, you can see the smooth bottom of the shoe.




 A side view of the shoe with the pedal attached.  The shoes are like regular road shoes on top.

1 comment:

  1. Hi...I recently found your new blog via Mr Beanz so I linked in as a follower...

    I too prefer to use the SPD recessed style of cleats on both my touring and my audax/training bike......however I do still keep SPD-SL race style cleats on my competition bike because of the broader pedal contact which I think gives very slight additional security in competition situations- useless for trying to walk in though......

    -Trevor

    ReplyDelete