Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cycling this week - 03-25-2012

After a week of commuting, and no road riding the past weekend, I finally got out on Saturday.  I rode down the Rio Hondo river trail to the Long Beach river trail.  Stopped in Long beach for a break, and then took the beach trail over to Seal Beach.  Then up the San Gabriel river trail back home.  62.5 miles in 3:46.  I set a blistering pace on the way down to Long Beach, with an average of 18.5 miles per hour.  The way back was not as quick.  At about the 45 mile mark, I was cruising along at about 20 MPH thinking I was the king of the world, when all of a sudden some guy on a S-works Tarmac blows past me like I was standing still. Damn, I started thinking I shouldn't have had that second glass of wine the night before.

The Queen Mary as viewed from the light house


Scenes from the Long Beach harbor area


Sailing ship coming in


The city is preparing for the Long Beach Grand Prix - setting up barricades


Interesting building in Long Beach


The view from the river trail

No comments:

Post a Comment