Sunday, March 25, 2012

Commuter Shake Down

Well, I've had the opportunity to commute to work three days this past week.  I've put 45 miles on the new bike.  My first impression is that it's slow and heavy.  For a guy used to riding a Cervelo R3 that weighs about 15 pounds, this new bike is like a tank.  That's about the only negative I can come up with though.  The belt drive and 11 speed internal rear hub are eerily quiet.  It's like a stealth machine.  The only noise it makes is the 32 cm tires rolling on the pavement.  The disc brakes stop great with very little effort and the fenders keep my work clothes dry.  The water bottle holders fit my coffee mug and a water bottle perfectly.  I guess I should just get used to going a little slower, it will give me a chance to check out the scenery a little more.  It takes me about 35 minutes to ride to work, only about 7-8 minutes longer than it takes to drive, which isn't saying much about the drive.  I've got a flat black skater helmet, I'm trying to develop a more urban, hip, bad ass persona, but I don't think its working, my GF said it was adorable.  Maybe I should put some skull and cross-bones stickers on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment