Monday, October 29, 2012

Cycling this week - 10-29-2012


I decided it was finally time to get caught up on this blog after a few weeks of silence.  So let’s see, back on October 3rd and 4th, I commuted to work for 30 miles.  Then I took two weeks off the bike and traveled back east to visit my folks. When I returned, Irit and I rode 13 miles up through Monrovia and back.  On the 21st I rode 26 miles up the river trail to the Santa Fe dam and back.  This past weekend I rode 20 miles with Irit, up to the Rose Bowl and back.  Yesterday I rode up over Glendora Mtn. Road with Nabeel. We took a little detour through Monrovia and Sierra Madre on the way back so we could indulge in some Coffee Bean goodness.  I don't think the weather could have been much better, unlike back east where everyone is bracing for the frankenstorm, but you know, I think I might have gotten a little sunburn on my legs while I was sipping my ice blended mocha.  That ride was 64 miles and about 5,000 feet of climbing.  So there you have it, only about 150 miles this month, I’m going to have to get my act together if I’m going to keep up with my buddies on the Tour de Foothills in two weeks.

You never know what you'll see up on top of GMR.  Here was an old car, a Pope Hartford, that was driven up here by a brave sole.

 
Here we are in front of it.
 
 
Here is Nabeel with his "Death Ride" jersey on - in celebration of Halloween.



There's nothing like a chocolaty, icy, coffee drink accompanied by a chocolaty pastry to cure your hunger pains late in the afternoon.

 
Here is some uneditied video I shot with my old Blackberry phone.  I'm going to have to get better at this, but it shows more of the old car and the crowd that gathered out in the middle of nowhere.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment