Monday, October 1, 2012

Cycling this week - 09-30-2012


It finally started to cool down a little this past work week, so I commuted to work and back on Tuesday and Thursday, adding another 30 miles to my total for the week. 

On Saturday, it started to heat up again.  Irit and I rode over to the Santa Fe dam and up the river trail to Duarte.  It was Irit’s longest ride to date, 25 miles.

On Sunday, I rode down the LA river trail to Long Beach, Then up the San Gabriel river trail back home.  It was scorching hot the last 20 miles.  When I got home, it was 104 degrees in the shade.  I told Irit that now I knew what her broiled Tilapia felt like, if you had peeled back my skin, I would have been tender white flaky flesh, broiled to perfection.  I rode 72 miles.
 
Here is a picture of Irit at the end of our ride on Saturday.  She felt pretty good for just finishing the longest ride of her young cycling career.
 
Here is a stitched together picture of the Long Beach harbour taken from the lighthouse on Sunday around 11:45 AM - there are 6 pictures put together here, so you will have to click and open it up to see it in full size.
 
 
 
Hre is a picture of a sailing class that was taking place just off of the Belmont pier.  The instructors were on the pier yelling down to the students.
 
And last, but not least, this guy was just sitting on the railing of the pier, watching the people walk by, and not paying any attention at all.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment