Monday, September 24, 2012

Cycling this week - 09-23-2012


On Saturday, Irit and I rode up to the Rose Bowl and back.  UCLA was playing a football game against someone, I mean, who really pays attention to UCLA anyway. Despite the potential for crowds, we decided to go and see what was happening, and check out all the tailgaters.  When we got down into the Rose Bowl, the security told us we had to leave, so we convinced them we would leave via one of the other exits.  After riding along and checking out the tailgating for a while, we had almost reached the exit.  Just then, two policemen on motorcycles stopped us and told us we had to leave.  We explained that we were on our way out, at which point I jumped on my bike and started riding towards the exit.  Irit thought she might have a conversation with them and started asking them questions.  To her surprise, they were in no mood, and told her to go, several times, as she thanked them for not arresting her. 
After riding out of the Rose Bowl, we stopped at the Gamble house for a break.  Irit took the opportunity to use a few choice words to describe her encounter with some of Pasadena’s finest.  We rode about 20 miles.
On Sunday, I rode out to Glendora and back.  I was on my way further East, but the temperature just got to the point where I had to turn around.  When I got home, it was 102 degrees in the shade.  I rode 40 miles and almost died from heat exhaustion.  No pictures from Sunday's ride, its just the same old stuff.
From Saturday, here is Irit taking a break at the Gamble house.
 
As it turns out, being chased by the cops is tiring.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment