Monday, November 5, 2012

Cycling this week - 11-04-2012

This past Saturday, Irit and I rode up to the Santa Fe dam and back, 23 miles in total.  She said she only wanted to ride 15 miles, so conveniently, I had another bout of dyslexia. We were both proud of her when we got home.  On Sunday, I drove out to Santa Clarita and rode up to lake Piru with Nabeel, 50 miles round trip from his house.  Both days were very warm with Santa Ana wind conditions.  One of these days I'm going to have to ride Hwy 126 to the beach and back when we have a normal wind pattern, I'm sick of the dusty headwind.  On the way back up 126 we were passed by a red Ferrari going much faster than the speed limit, and a quarter of a mile back a Hwy Patrol car in hot pursuit.  We caught up and passed them while the Hwy Patrol was writing the guy a ticket.

Here we are over looking lake Piru - it's pretty dried up.


No comments:

Post a Comment