Monday, August 27, 2012

Cycling this week - 08-26-2012

On Saturday, Irit and I rode up to the Castle Green hotel in Pasadena to check out the grounds and see where my oldest daughter Lauren is planning on getting married.  Afterwards, we made our way back through Pasadena to San Marino where we stopped for a break at Lacey Park.  We rode 14 miles in all.

On Sunday, I rode down the Rio Hondo river trail to the San Gabriel river trail and up to the Santa Fe dam.  After last weeks double metric, I just didn't think I had taxed myself enough, so I then rode up Azuza canyon to the bridge that leads to East Fork.  I watched the off-roaders for awhile, then turned around and came home.  I rode 59 miles in 3:40.

Here is Irit on the way up to Pasadena, she's looking pretty cocky lately, oh, I mean confident.

 
She must not of had a very big breakfast, as she is catching flies again, or maybe she's just reacting to something I said.
 
 
Here I am traveling up the river trail toward the mountains. The ones you can barely see in the background are the ones that I rode up later.
 
 
On the way up Azusa canyon (Hwy 39).
 
 
The intersection where Hwy 39 and East Fork come together at the bridge.
 
 
Here is the bridge that crosses the river and leads to East Fork.  Off roaders drive aound the river bed below it.
 
 
On the way home I stopped by the ranger station to refill my water bottles.  Here is a metal statue out in front of the station
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment