Monday, August 13, 2012

Cycling this week - 08-12-2012

O.K., so last week I didn't ride my bike at all.  I hung out in San Diego instead, and I had fun.  This week I made up for it by riding both Saturday and Sunday.  On Saturday Irit and I rode up to the Huntington Library in the brutal mid-day sun.  What is that saying about mad dogs and Englishmen? Anyway, Irit got her chance to go up the hill on Oxford street, so she was happy.  We only rode 7 miles.

On Sunday, Nabeel and I rode down to Long Beach, then over to Seal beach, and then back home all via the river trails.  We stopped for lunch at Chronic tacos and got our usual fish tacos with baja sauce.  Then we headed over to Javatinis in Seal Beach to get our coffee fix.  We had to take in some of the local culture, so we ventured out on to the Seal Beach pier.  The heat was pretty oppressive on the way back inland.  I'm guessing it was just about 100 degrees or so, a big difference from the 75-80 degrees in Seal Beach.  We rode 74 miles.

Here is Nabeel down in Long Beach.


Here is Nabel and I out on the Seal Beach pier.


Here I am out on the Seal Beach pier, check out the local culture.


Zoom in and notice the difference in texture between the carbon fiber and the wood on the railing.


Typical So Cal Sunday at the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment