Monday, May 14, 2012

Cycling this week - 05-12-2012

There was no commuting this past week, not because of the weather, I was just lazy. I'll admit it. So, to make up for it, and to do some training for next weeks Heartbreak 100 century ride, (link to map here): http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1009334, I decided I would go up over GMR again. I rode up Azusa canyon, through Eastfork, up the backside of GMR, and down the frontside. On the way up Azusa canyon, I ran into a couple of guys. One of them needed to tighen up his cleat and didn't have the correct tool, so I helped him out. Then I rode up to the bridge with them where they turned around. They had come up the river trail from Pico Rivera. I then proceded on solo. When I got to the shack, there was no one there, just like last week.  60.8 miles in 4 hours.

The yucca stalks are now in full bloom


The grass on the side of the road has blossomed out.


I don't know what these plants are called, but they seem to grow right out of the asphalt, amazing, I need to get some of them for the house. 


 Here are the two guys I met on the way up Azusa Canyon.  Took this just on the East side of he bridge. 


 Up, Up, Up 


 The Tour of California will be passing through this intersection not once, but twice, next Saturday.  I'll have to miss it this year as I will be riding the Heartbreak 100.


  Your's truly at an empty shack.

No comments:

Post a Comment