Monday, July 9, 2012

Cycling this week - 07-08-2012

The past two weeks I've been slacking as far as taking pictures goes, so, you'll just have to read about my adventures.  On June 30th, Irit and I rode all around the Pasadena area for a total of 13 miles.  After feeling her wrath about taking her on a 23 miler two weeks prior (and associated Facebook posts), I decided that we would actually do the amount that she wanted.

On July 4th six of us got together for a ride, BBQ and fireworks show courtesy of my neighbor.  Irit, Jennifer, Heidi, Nabeel, Rich and I all met at my place in the morning.  The girls took off for their own ride and the guys went down the LA river trail to South Street.  Then we cut over to the San Gabriel river trail and back home.  On the way back, the girls called and they were stuck on the Rio Hondo river trail with a flat, so we diverted and rode over to help them out.  I rode with Jen and Irit back home and Rich, Nabeel and Heidi rode up to the dam before heading back home.  I ended up with 57 miles, Rich and Nabeel ended up with 66 miles, Irit rocked her 23 mile ride, Jen had 33 miles, and Heidi had 40 miles.  Afterward, we all sat around the backyard BBQing.  At 9:00 the neighbor started the usual fireworks show, awesome.

On July 7th, Irit came over and the two of us went on a tour of the Rose Bowl.  We stopped at the casting pond down in the Arroyo for a break.  I've ridden by that place a hundred times but never been down there.  It's a nice little park and the head for several hiking trails that meander through the Arroyo.  We ended up with a total of 21 miles, and since Irit was wearing her new sunglasses, she rode much faster, you could even say she rocked.

On July 8th, Heidi, Rich and Nabeel came over to my place and we took off down the San Gabriel River trail.  Heidi rode all the way down to Wilderness park, where she took a break and then turned around for the trip back. She had a 37 mile ride.  Rich, Nabeel and I continued on to the beach.  We headed over to Chronic tacos in Long Beach for lunch.  On the way back we took the LA river trail. There was a pretty stiff headwind all the way back up the trail. We stopped at Starbucks off of Washington Blvd. in Pico Rivera for a break and some cool, icy, chocolaty, coffee drink goodness.  That gave us just the extra boost we needed to continue on our way back home.  After a quick dip in the pool, Rich took off for home and Nabeel and I watched the Tour of France while we chowed down on delivered Thai food, a great way to finish the day.  We ended up with 68 miles in total.

All added up, I had 159 miles in the past two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment